Shower valve cartidge replacement help

Old 10-28-17, 06:47 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shower valve cartidge replacement help

Hello,
I'mm hoping you might be able to assist with replacing the following? Issue is i only have hot water coming out of basement bathroom stand up shower. I was hoping it was a Moen cartridge, as there are tons of videos/tutorials on how to replace it, however my cartridge seems to be another brand/type. I see a "SA 103323" on the bottom portion but other than that no real identifiers.

Can you help me replace? Instructions on how to do so would be very helpful. I know very little about plumbing, but i can follow clear instructions. If there is any other information that i can provide that would be helpful please let me know.

https://i.imgur.com/4CDS8Uj.jpg

Old 10-29-17, 09:45 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
That SA is surrounded by large "C", indicating Canadian Standards Association. That number may indicate a brand marketed by ALIBABA (a Chinese marketing company). However, investigation tells me it could also be any number of name brands (Menards might carry a replacement). Take the old cartridge to plumbing supply house (not a home center). They should be able to find a replacement.

Old 10-29-17, 03:19 PM
Q
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Old 08-14-18, 05:02 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know how I can actually remove this cartridge? I'd like to take it to my local hardware store

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: