USA standard for tap


Old 11-15-17, 01:51 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Israel
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
USA standard for tap

Few questions about standard size.
I would like to know what are right dimensions of an accessory that connects to a common bathroom/kitchen tap.
What is the standard in the united states?
is it metric or inch system?
What is the diameter used?

In other words, what are the parameters I need to choose for connection marked as "D" in the attached picture?

Any help is most appreciated, Thanks!
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-17, 02:29 PM
Handyone's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 5,450
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The measurements used are inches, however aerator threads can vary. Every aerator does not screw in the same.
"A" internal threads are probably 3/4" hose threads (garden hose/washing machine threads).

You need an adapter similar to B and C. The best way to find one is to remove your existing aerator and take it to a store to test the threads that connect to the spout. It's also possible to use two aerator adapters if necessary. Home stores usually have a display board to test fit threads.

Here's a link to an example of a hose adapter:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: