Water pressure change after new dishwasher install

Old 11-24-17, 09:02 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water pressure change after new dishwasher install

Hi there,This is my first time posting. I have just installed a new dishwasher as my old one was broken but I noticed that the water pressure on my kitchen Faucet has gotten much lower so it does not run as it used to since I installed the new dishwasher. It was suggested that I check the aerator of the Faucet but I’m not sure where that is. I have attached some photos so can anyone tell me where I would find the aerator on my sink Fossett in the kitchen? Any advice would be helpful.Thank you,R

Old 11-24-17, 09:37 AM
R
I was unable to post photos. Does anyone know how?

Old 11-24-17, 09:39 AM
W
The aerator is the screen that screws onto the end of your faucet. Any time I monkey with my water I get a surge of debris through my system that blocks up my faucet screens. Sometimes they come off easily with fingers and sometimes I destroy them with pliers and have to buy new ones.

Old 11-24-17, 10:29 AM
Walleye explained it. Some aerators are external and can be removed with pliers and using a rag to protect the finish.
Other aerators are internal and you need a special wrench to remove it.
If your faucet has integrated supply lines, you might also need to remove the supply lines from the valve and inspect for a blocked screen. Some integrated supply lines have a screen/flow restrictor just inside the 3/8" compression nut.

Attached Images  
Old 11-24-17, 09:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
If just the hot water is reduced.... the valve may not be on all the way. If both hot and cold are reduced then it's likely a clogged screen...... How-to-insert-pictures

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: