Pex Inlet Adapter Included with Frost Proof Sillcock

Old 01-16-18, 10:01 AM
M
Received 27 Upvotes on 21 Posts
Pex Inlet Adapter Included with Frost Proof Sillcock

The frost proof sillcock I just purchased includes a "PEX inlet adapter". I'm assuming I won't need this since I'm using copper pipe, but am curious what this would be used for and where would it be installed if I were to ever switch to PEX pipe. It is a barbed brass fitting with seal on one side. This is the sillcock: https://www.lowes.com/pd/AMERICAN-VA...ock/1000319487

On a related note, is the cap on the anti-siphon portion of the sillcock supposed to be tightened all the way? Is the only reason for loosening and removing the cap to replace the cartridge? How would one know if the cartridge needed replacing?

Old 01-16-18, 10:06 AM
Received 388 Upvotes on 337 Posts
Can you post a picture of the adapter. Sounds like a DIY way to connect PEX to a threaded fitting (similar to a Sharkbite?). Any instructions provided with the sillcock?

Old 01-18-18, 05:10 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you haven't installed this yet, and if funds allow, I would recommend returning that sillcock and getting one made by Woodford, either Model 17 if you can remember to not leave a hose connected, or Model 19 if you want to be able to leave a hose connected over the winter. A little more expensive, but Woodford is the quality standard.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: