Suggestions for routing drain pipes

Old 08-17-18, 11:47 AM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Suggestions for routing drain pipes

Remodeling old bathroom, old rusted drain pipes were removed and installing new ABS pipes and also moving some of the fixtures around. The picture below is the new setup we want. The green walls in pic I have full access on attic and opened walls to work with for vent pipes. The yellow wall I have some access but difficult. The main house drain pipe is behind the bathroom and its a 3" ABS pipe about 15 feet from toilet. I'm just wondering what is the best way to route the drain pipes and location of vent pipes (I have a large crawlspace so easy to work with). The plumbing for water is pretty simple so I got that. Thanks!!

Attached Images  
Old 08-17-18, 12:01 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
1. It would help me a lot if you tell me what the demoed fixture floor plan looked like. I'm guessing that you are connecting the new ABS pipe to and old existing drain. 2. Is this an upstairs bathroom?

Old 08-17-18, 01:10 PM
P
Originally Posted by kabopa
1. It would help me a lot if you tell me what the demoed fixture floor plan looked like. I'm guessing that you are connecting the new ABS pipe to and old existing drain. 2. Is this an upstairs bathroom?
Old Bathroom was similar other then toilet will be moved 1 foot to the left and the tub was not there before. The vanity was also not a double. There was only 1 vent pipe behind the vanity but not there anymore since the green walls in the picture are new framed walls with no drywall. I will be connecting straight to the main drain since the old one was completely removed.

The drain before was a 3" pipe from toilet to the main drain (black line in the picture top). Then a 2" pipe from the shower to the 3" pipe that went from toilet to the main drain. The vanity connected to the 2" pipe from shower.

Like this:

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-18, 09:58 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
This is how I'd do it.

The green toilet drain is 3"
Red is 2"
and orange is 1.5"

Each sink would go up to a sanitary tee, then continue upwards to the attic, and tie together into a vent. The single 2" vent would handle the whole bathroom.

All the under-floor fittings are all wyes (no sanitary tees allowed other than at each sink).

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-18, 02:04 PM
P
Thanks,.. Good thing I asked cause I was thinking something different lol

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: