Tub and toilet back-up

Old 09-08-18, 01:50 PM
Z
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Tub and toilet back-up

I discovered a basement tub and toilet had backed-up with sewage spreading to 3 rooms. there are 3 other full baths, 2 on the main floor and the third also in the basement. None of the other 3 have backed up. The tub and toilet that backed up have never been used, but I frequently use the toilet, shower and sink directly above.

I've had problems with my septic system pump installer who fixed the pump this past Monday. He stopped by today and tried a plunger on the tub and toilet with no success. He told me I caused the problem by using Costco, biodegradable, ecoflush wipes made with plant material. Is this true and what suggestions do you have?

Thanks.

Old 09-08-18, 01:55 PM
Z
Need restoration services after tub, toilet back-up

Once I get a plumber to clear the sewer lines I'm going to need restoration services, possibly ServPro to treat for mold, replace baseboards and other services. What do you recommend?

Thanks.

Old 09-09-18, 12:26 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
Those disposable "flushable" wipes should never be flushed. They cause a LOT of clogs. Nothing should go down your toilets other than toilet paper and poo. Even more so with a septic system.

The first step is to get everything cleared out, probably with a powered snake. I don't have any experience with cleanup services, but someone else here may be able to help point you in the right direction.

Old 09-09-18, 01:20 PM
Z
Thanks, plumber coming tomorrow. We'll see what he says.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: