Bathroom drain drip


Old 10-17-18, 04:30 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: usa
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bathroom drain drip

What is this connection called that goes into the wall? The drip is coming from that orange ring. Yes I know I should know this. My apologies

Name:  drain.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  90.2 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 10-17-18 at 07:26 PM. Reason: reoriented picture
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-18, 04:57 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 24,027
Received 686 Votes on 633 Posts
It's called a slip joint. All the parts are pretty cheap so if you are having a leak don't hesitate to try a new washer. Also make sure that the female fitting in the wall has a smooth interior bevel near the mouth and that there are no bumps or plastic flanges sticking up on the male pipe portion.

And now I'll ask about the duct tape. How big is the hole behind the tape? There are escutcheon (trim rings) that you can clip over the pipe if the hole isn't too big.
Old 10-17-18, 07:27 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 59,819
Received 1,197 Votes on 1,107 Posts
You could also try tightening that nut clockwise where that orange washer is.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: