Bubbling/Garggling sound from drain

Old 10-20-18, 10:39 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bubbling/Garggling sound from drain

Heard some bubbling gargling while walking up to my front door a couple weeks ago. Immediately thought this noise can't be normal. I tried flushing some toilets but could not get any water to flow in that pipe. After doing some looking around in the basement I heard it while it was happening. Ran outside and low and behold I saw a little hole that wasn't there weeks prior.
Video 1
Video 2

Some water is leaking out of the pipe which caused the dirt to cave in and separate from the foundation. Weird thing is that pipe goes to the sump pump only and hasn't worked or been turned on in years. Another concern is the main drain in the basement where the AC and Water heater drain into is so rusted. It has starting to chip away inside itself along with the AC's runoff being very rusty. Im a little boggled as to what's going on here. I do know my folks never ran a dehumidifier in the basement basically since theyre been there over 20 years. I bought them one wa couple years ago which I have automatically draining into that rusted mess of a drain. Added some pics and video to better show whats going on. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Attached Images      
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-18, 06:48 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 126 Votes on 117 Posts
Ok, can you explain what you have a bit better? Is the black pipe the discharge from the sump pump? And what's the drain? It's not draining into the sump, correct? Does it seem like the water is coming out of the pipe, or is it groundwater?

Old 10-22-18, 01:53 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Zorfdt you are correct. The black pipe is the discharge for the sump pump. Today I heard the pump run while I was right next to it. Didn't know the rusted drains run off goes to the sump pump then pumps it out the front of the house. I've been scratching my head so it finally makes sense.

I did hear the bubbling/gargling sound soon as the pump turn on to discharge the drain water. That rusted drain is about 15 feet from the sump. No water is leaking back into the basement. The only leak is on the other side of that foundation where the video was taken. Im assuming the pipe outside where it meet the foundation wall is broken?