under kitchen sink water leak

Old 02-11-24, 03:01 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
under kitchen sink water leak

There's a leak outside my home where the foundation meets the concrete (pic 1). I noticed this occurs only when washing dishes. A plumber came out to repair, opened up the drywall under the sink, looked at the outside, and said he will need to reschedule as he will need to open it up from the outside. In the meantime, I decided to purchase an endoscope and track down the leak. I found the leak to be at the joint directly under the sink where he had opened the drywall (pic 2 and 3, sorry about pic 3 as the endoscope does not take pics). My question:

1) Does he really need to open up the stucco in order to fix this? He didn't actually track down the leak so I wonder if he would agree if had known where the leak is.

2) What is the recommended repair for this? Would replacing that T-connector and new thread sealant do the job?

Old 02-11-24, 03:21 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,180 Upvotes on 1,950 Posts
I'd try to do the repair from inside. Removing or damaging the exterior siding would be a last resort. But, there is a lot to be said for being on site and seeing exactly what's going on. All we have to work with are a few photos so take our advice with a grain of salt. But, I'd rather cut out the back of the cabinet and sheetrock to do the repair than approach from outside unless there's something else that I'm not seeing. Working from inside you don't open the house to the weather and the repair doesn't have to be too pretty.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: