Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Is this where I insert the filter in and how do I identify this hot tub?

Old 10-25-16, 06:30 AM
C
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts

I'm very new to hot tub. I just inherited a hot tub with a new purchase of a house. Is this where I open up this cap and insert the filter?

Name:  20161025_022133559_iOS.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  34.8 KB

Second question, will someone help me find the model number of this hot tub? This is what I've found so far about the hot tub that I've inherited.

Name:  panel.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  27.5 KB

And this is what I've found underneath the hot tub. I believed this is the motor/heater. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the size and model of the hot tub though.

Name:  motor.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  36.4 KB

And one last thing. I assumed this is just a water jet, correct? Another word, there is no filter or cap that needs to go into this thing, right?

Name:  jet.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  22.8 KB

Old 10-25-16, 09:16 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
What does the fine print in your first photo say? Is it instructions for the filter?

There are/were many spa brands/companies. And there were a lot of them making inexpensive acrylic spas. Many of them only made the plastic shell and used components like the control box and control panel from other companies. Your best source of information is the data plate on the control box. Do an online search for it's model number and manufacturer and see what you find. You may not have much luck however. It looks about 30 years old and the manufacturer may no longer be in existence.

Unless you can find another name or data plate on the spa itself you might never find it's manufacturer. The good news is control panels, control boxes/boards, pumps and jets are pretty generic. So even if you can't find your items being made anymore there is probably a modern equivalent that will work.

Nothing goes over or gets installed into the jets inside the tub and there is no cap. They are connected to the jet pump by plumbing hidden in the walls of the spa.

Old 10-31-16, 06:08 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Push the little white tab down, hold it down and unscrew the LARGE black ring on the perimeter of the filter, till it come off. Then grab the knob (with the sticker that says STOP) and pull up. The filter cartridge is inside.

Your spa controller was made by...HURRICANE PRODUCTS (long out of business). The pertinent info is on the silver label in the bottom left corner of your picture (unreadable from this angle). The spa side panel says Super SPA by......?...probably the name of the manufacturer of the spa.

Old 10-31-16, 06:59 PM
C
Thanks for all the help. I got the filter part figured out. However, what is this thing? Do I need to clean/replace after years of unused?
Name:  20161101_000256952_iOS.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  17.7 KB

Old 11-01-16, 05:44 AM
D
It's a skimmer. No maintenance required.

Old 11-01-16, 06:02 AM
C
Is it a scum skimmer? If so, don't I have to clean it every so often? Thanks for the help. I'd appreciated.

Old 11-06-16, 06:51 AM
D
There's nothing to clean. It's simply an opening with slots, to prevent larger items from getting sucked in.

Old 11-06-16, 04:38 PM
C
Ah, I got it. Thank you for the response.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: