Hot Springs Sovereign 2 help

Old 06-29-18, 01:53 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hot Springs Sovereign 2 help

Spa is a 2008 model. Was working fine, then one night no air being mixed with the jets. Just pumping water. Suspect I have a clogged air intake as there's no blower on this thing, but can't find it. Does anyone have a service manual or familiar with this particular spa and can tell me where to look/how the air is routed?

Filters are clean. I've turned all control levers off and on.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-18, 06:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,175 Votes on 1,089 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Here's the manual for your spa.
Look it over and see if it gives you help and then we can fill in from there.

hotspring.com/hot-spring_spas_owners_manual_2008.pdf

Old 06-30-18, 05:07 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 681 Votes on 628 Posts
Is your spa outside?

FIrst, I would work all the control levers and jets just to make sure they are not in the air off position. If still no air I would look at the check valves on the air lines. You'll have to remove the equipment access cover. As a test with the jets running and levers set calling for air you can unhook the hose(s) from the check valve. If you get bubbles then the problem is either a stuck check valve or the hose that brings in fresh air has been clogged, possibly by critters building a nest if your spa is outside.

Old 06-30-18, 10:09 AM
D
Yes, it's outside. I hadn't thought to test the air check valve. Will do that today. Thanks

Old 06-30-18, 01:26 PM
D
So, the only air check valve I can find is for the ozonator. Don't seem to be any others. It appears Hot Springs draws in air at the three valves they call Comfort Controls. I've ordered replacement pistons for each. Hopefully that does the trick. Can't find anything else to check, but don't understand how all three could go bad at the same time

Old 06-30-18, 02:53 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 681 Votes on 628 Posts
You are correct there is a check valve on the ozonator. It is rather small and connected to 1/4" tubing. The check valves you are looking for are much larger and connected in 1" clear, smooth PVC tubing

The valves control the flow of air and turn it on and off. Unless they are broken in the closed position I don't see how they could stop all the air to all the jets. Connected to the inlet side of those valves are largeish diameter clear PVC pipes that bring air to them. This tubing is routed along the very top edge of the spa and has a check valve(s) and then goes down near the bottom of the spa where the air is sucked in.

The check valves should look something like this:

Old 06-30-18, 03:08 PM
D
Got it. So, the only way to access them is to remove the skirting? There are none I can find inside the service panel