Pool pump replacement cord?

Old 08-22-19, 08:13 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Pool pump replacement cord?

Well. My wife ran over our cord with the lawn mower and it sliced a little of the white and green wires in my cord, they are still intact, but bare wire were showing a little. For a quick fix I wrapped them both with electrical tape and then the whole section with more electrical tape, making sure to have it unplugged when anyone is going in the pool. The pump still works luckily.

Here is the pump we have https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't find the cord on the website of course, but anyone have any ideas of a different cord or something I can replace it with. I emailed support today so hopefully they can get back at least.

Thanks

Old 08-22-19, 07:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
That pump is a standard 120 volt type and I'm guessing there is a GFCI on the end built-in based on your link. (post a picture of the plug if you can)

You could just shorten the existing cord cutting it off and reconnecting it to the pump if it will be long enough.
You could get a new cord without the GFCI and make sure to plug it into a GFCI receptacle.
You could get a new cord and then put this on the end for GFCI protection: https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-A.../dp/B077FV6RQT

Really , any cord that has the same wire size and number of wire will work. It is just the GFCI protection you want to make sure is presant.

Old 08-22-19, 10:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
If the cord is too short you can replace the entire thing but it may be tricky opening the wiring cover on that pump.

GFI plug and cord - complete

Old 08-23-19, 07:16 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thanks! Yeah it has the gfci on the end. I mulled it over some more and I think what I will do is cut the cord where it is sliced and just use the same cord but lose the 3 feet. Its already plugged into an extension cord that has some slack anyways. Like mentioned, no idea what I am in for taking apart the pump, but fairly confident I can tackle it.

I guess I could also just move the GFCI down to the part where it is sliced open too and make it a 3 foot cord and use an extension cord that way too. I am hoping next year we can move the pool and install a GFCI outlet next to the pump. But for now I have a GFCI on the actual pump cord and an extension cord plugged into a GFCI outlet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: