Hot Springs Hot Tub

Old 09-26-19, 06:21 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post Hot Springs Hot Tub

My Hot Spring Hot tub display panel shows the temp for a few seconds and then the screen is blank. It will continue to allow me to use the jets and lights but the temp disappears so you can't turn it up or down. Do you think the control panel or bezzle is going out. Trying to figure out which part to order.

Old 09-26-19, 07:58 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
Which Hot Springs do you have and what year? I think they started with digital temperature displays in the late 90's. The display on mine turns off after a wile but I just hit a button and it wakes back up again. My controller is like the one in this photo:

Old 09-26-19, 08:03 AM
S
MIne is like this pic so it must be 2001-2009 when you touch it the lights and jets will still work but the temp never does and then after a few minutes everything shuts down and you can then access nothing on the panel.

Old 09-26-19, 09:16 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
That sounds like a problem with the top side unit.

One thing you could try is to power down your spa, open the control box and locate the cable and plug from the topside unit. The plug looks like a telephone plug. Remove it and reinstall it several times. Also check for corrosion on it while it's unplugged. That plug and cable carries very low voltage data signals to the topside controller.

Try the spa again.

Old 09-26-19, 10:29 AM
S
If that is the case would I need to replace the Control Head or the Control Panel Bezel. I think you are correct I am just having troubles figuring out which one I would need to replace.

Old 09-26-19, 11:08 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Most topside panels are a complete watertight assembly.

There would be two parts to it if it came apart...... the membrane keypad and the board itself.
Since it's not displaying temperature..... that would eliminate a membrane issue.

Old 10-01-19, 10:34 AM
S
Is this the part?

Is this the part you are suggesting? I have attached a picture.

Thanks

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: