Peeling that thin skin off of an onion

Old 09-02-17, 09:11 AM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Peeling that thin skin off of an onion

I know it isn't a hot topic but that thin skin on some onions that refuses to come off bugs me at times and I like onions. My choice is always, spend 2 minutes picking away at it or sacrifice the next good layer of onion, which bugs me almost as much.

Well, I'm sure this solution has been out there for several centuries, just never crossed my path, but running warm water over it while you pick away works miracles. That brittle skin then becomes pliable and can be easily removed. It probably won't work on every onion, but it has given me an option and has worked so far.

Bud

Old 09-02-17, 09:19 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I slice the onion first. It sounds like you are peeling it first.

Old 09-02-17, 09:30 AM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
I've tried that when I'm chopping them for something and still find PIA thin skins difficult to remove. And I like to slict onions for sandwiches which precludes cutting them in half.

BTW, I do a lot of cooking
Bud

Old 09-02-17, 09:36 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It sounds like you're a great cook. When I slice an onion for a sandwich, I don't have to slice it in half first. I can start at one end. I know that doesn't completely solve the peeling problem but I think that it's easier to peel smaller pieces. You may not agree.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: