Door lock

Old 01-11-18, 08:45 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Door lock

Is there a specific name for the type of doorknob where you push & turn the button to lock it, but then it can still be opened from the inside & remain locked when the door is pulled shut?
Old 01-12-18, 06:59 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 6,396
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
That would be a "knob lock"................................
Old 01-12-18, 11:18 AM
GlobalLocky's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 795
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
its usually a grade 2 entrance set, but there are multiple different brands. Some of the better quality brands include LSDA, typically only available through locksmiths.

I dont believe the bigger brand names use that style any longer
Old 01-13-18, 09:30 PM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,385
Received 45 Upvotes on 42 Posts
Yes, Schlage has been making this function for more than 30 years (that I'm aware of) in a variety of finishes and styles. It's catalog # is "A53PD" If you push the button in, the outer knob will lock. It pops back out when you turn the inner knob or open the door with key. If you push and TURN the button, it stays in, keeping the outer knob locked, even after turning the inner knob to exit, or coming in with key. I think you can get cheaper versions of this function in a Chinese clone, check with your local smithy.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: