Leak where Wood French Doors meet Cement & Stone Floor!

Old 11-26-16, 11:45 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leak where Wood French Doors meet Cement & Stone Floor!

My stone and cement patio was permanently enclosed 30 years ago. Water accumulation rots out the bottom of the patio wood French doors and our elderly handyman cuts away the rotted lower portion of the doors every 3 or 4 years and replaces it. Perfect! Our guy retired this year so we found another handyman. He did a TERRIBLE job. Hours after he finished we had a drizzle and the water flowed in. Tonight we are expecting a REAL soaker! I need a chaulk that will bond between the Stone/Cement floor and wood doors and jambs, and provide a waterproof barrier! Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks!

Old 11-26-16, 12:52 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 361 Votes on 318 Posts
Replacing rotten wood every few years is way beyond maintenance! Having an enclosed room does not mean having to expect rot. Post some pics both of the rot and where it's situated in the room to give us a better idea of what is going on - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 11-26-16, 01:45 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your response Marksr, and I will post the pix for your input on a permanent fix BUT in the meantime with a rain storm approaching LA I need a temporary solution to keep the water OUT!

Old 11-26-16, 01:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 791 Votes on 728 Posts
Protect the area from getting wet with some poly or a tarp.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: