5'5' flat top on Colonial house

Old 03-15-17, 05:27 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 17
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
5'5' flat top on Colonial house

The top of my 1929 Colonial house is more or less shaped as a pyramid with with the top capped of with a 5'5' flat top.

This top I think acts as a vent, but I cannot research it without knowing what it is called.

It needs some TLC because the rubber roofing material which is stretched tight over the cap is coming a bit loose on two corners.

Any information would be helpful, thanks.
Old 03-15-17, 05:44 AM
pugsl's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 8,161
Received 78 Upvotes on 71 Posts
Pretty hard to see what you are seeing. Pictures would help.
Old 03-15-17, 07:15 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 28,392
Received 2,327 Upvotes on 2,069 Posts
What is your question? Do you just want to know what that type of roof is called or do you have a roofing problem or question?

Depending on the size of the rest of your roof you may be best calling it a pyramid with a flat top. As the flat on top gets larger and the sloped sides become smaller I tend to call it a flat top hip roof.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: