Gutter Gap

Old 04-03-17, 01:20 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gutter Gap

I have about a 2-3 inch gap between my gutter and the stucco wall perpendicular to it. I tried to fashion a piece of flashing and used some silicone sealant but it continues to leak somehow. Would it be reasonable to start over with some flashing and also us some kind of all weather expandable sealant to fill the gap? I have a picture but I do not see where to attach it to my post.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-17, 01:41 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If the wall continues up past the gutter and roofline, there are a lot of details to get right with the flashing, including installing a kick out flashing to divert the water into the gutter. Searching for "Flashing gutter and sidewall junction" will get you some details.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 04-03-17, 04:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 665 Votes on 615 Posts
Yes, like Paul said you just need a kick out flashing. (go to google images) Shingles may need to be cut back... has to be incorporated under your wall flashing so it sheds water. Might need a counter flashing over it or a terminator bar that gets caulked to the wall over the top of it.

Old 04-03-17, 04:27 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The wall does continue up. I googled kickout flashing and this is exactly what my problem is. The wall is stucco so what is the best to incorporate the flashing, cutting into stucco or going on top. I want to make sure it is done right this time. Is this something a roofing company could do or more of a general contractor.

Attached Images  
Old 04-03-17, 04:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 665 Votes on 615 Posts
Most roofing companies could do that.