Looking for strong gutters

Old 05-16-17, 05:08 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Looking for strong gutters

I need about 4 6 ft sections of gutter on my roof. Mostly below roof valleys...the water spatter
under those areas has stained the siding badly. I am in the process of refinishing all the wood siding in part because of the drip staining.
This is snow country so I need something very strong and something that kind of sits mostly under the eve....so ice and snow dams cant rip it off the wood.
I will install myself...... any suggestions for a sturdy gutter that can take the winter abuse..??
There is very little rain here...semi desert but cold and snowstorms..

Old 05-16-17, 05:13 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This Old House just had something on gutters the other day. I don't think that you can install them yourself but the strength that you want is there.

Old 05-16-17, 06:40 PM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
Aluminum gutters are available in several gauges (thicknesses). Big box stores usually have the thinner gauge material, typically 0.027. 0.032 is a lot stronger and can be ordered to length from local gutter supply house or even online, especially if you only need 6' lengths. Many colors are available.

Short lengths like that are fairly easy to DIY install. If you use the rear mount hangers instead of spikes and ferrules, that also improves the strength so they will easily withstand snow and wind loads. It also simplifies DIY because you can install the hangers at the proper slope and then just snap in the gutter.

Good luck with your project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: