Leafguard - is this price nuts? Alternatives?

Old 08-21-17, 07:48 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leafguard - is this price nuts? Alternatives?

We just got a quote to install LeafGuard gutters on our modest 2-family house in Boston. 160' of gutter, 150' of downspouts, one bay window (2 inside and 2 outside corners). Other than that, everything is straight runs. We're having the house re-sided in a few weeks, so the existing gutters will already be removed
by the siding contractor before the new ones are installed, so the gutter quote is for installation only. The quote was $10,500 which works out to about $65/ft!

This seems completely insane to me. Am I wrong?

Is there a competing product that works as well and is cheaper? Our neighbors have had Leafguard on their place for 15 years and they're really happy with it, but man, this just seems nuts.

Thanks!

Old 08-21-17, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Yes, that's nuts. Unless you are on This Old House.

You could have regular heavy duty oversized gutters and spouts put on with any number of aftermarket leaf guard products installed and I doubt you'd hit that price...or even close.

Old 08-21-17, 07:56 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I do like the compact, closed look of the leafguard gutters on the neighbor's house, and I'm actually willing to pay a bit extra for that, but this just struck me as completely crazy. I guess he figured because we're doing a big project we must be made of money or something?

We currently have k-style gutters with guards on some of them (I've experimented with a few different types, but none seem to work as well as what the neighbor has). We have a lot of big Norway Maples around the house, and a couple oaks nearby, so leaves are the primary issue in the fall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: