Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Roofing, Gutters and All Waterproofing Anywhere
Reload this Page >

Modified bitumen and ceiling tile replacement for hole in roof

Old 09-15-17, 03:41 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

A giant worm recently burrowed through my parents roof (or it may have been a tree branch during a storm...). We've consulted with a number of roofers around the area, but none have been willing to do the repair; most said they didn't have the equipment to repair the bitumen (which I guess requires a torch reaching around 2500+°F). A few have offered to use "comparable materials", but they have no roof warranty, so it's not an option we want to go.

I'm guessing we'll find someone, somewhere eventually, but to aid in the process, I was just wondering if anyone has any advice about what to look for or if it's that hard to find such roofers (west side of Minnesota). Icy Minnesotan winter is approaching, so we need to get this finished soon.

Any recommendations also about what could replace the ceiling tiles? We've heard they don't make these kind of ceiling tiles any more.

I'd offer more detail, but I'm not really sure what to ask as I'm unfamiliar with terminology, so any recommendations about what to search for would be helpful. Thanks!

Attached Images     

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: