waterproofing around foundation????

Old 09-26-18, 12:52 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
waterproofing around foundation????

I was recently removing rock from around my foundation for an electrical project. Just beneath the rock is what seems to be a weed block but much thicker. I'm guessing that is might have something to do with directing water away from the foundation but I'm not sure. The house was built in 1979 and this material is very much still intact. I have to cut it away to dig a trench for electrical cable and will place the pieces back where they came from. Does anyone know if anything like this is used for control of water away from the foundation? If it is, I want to make sure I replace it in such a way that it will do the job it was put there for.

Old 09-26-18, 03:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
No way for us to know... it could be really good landscaping fabric... or if there is more rock and gravel beneath it, it could be fabric laid over a french drain to keep soil from permeating and clogging the drain.

Old 09-26-18, 07:31 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No, not for a french drain though I do have one. It's on the surface with landscape rock on top. Probably landscape fabric though I've never seen any quite this thick. Appreciate the reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: