Water Leaking where the two"houses" of a split level meet

Old 11-16-18, 09:24 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water Leaking where the two"houses" of a split level meet

Hello,

I am in a split level house 2 yrs now. It has an enclosed porch that had a roof leak due to the previous owner's idiotic layout of the porch. I had to have underlayment removed, flashing redone, and reshingle. I now have a leak before the enclosed porch that I believe is coming in behind the vinyl siding and j channel where the two parts of the house meet. I had water leak into my kitchen and into the corner of the porch. My guy who did the previous work looked at it in the pouring rain and is convinced it is getting in behind the siding and j -channel and not where the roofs meet under the downspout. Is there something I should be looking for and what can I do to stop the leak before he can get back here and do a proper repair? I will try and get some pictures posted. Problem is, the room's walls are insulated and waiting for lighting to go in, so ceiling insulation can go in and drywall hung. I obviously need this corrected before I can put drywall up. Thanks in advance!

Steve

Old 11-16-18, 10:09 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,705 Upvotes on 1,524 Posts
It's difficult to advise without seeing what you have. Here are instructions for posting pictures.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: