Rug doctors

Old 01-17-24, 11:39 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rug doctors

Rug Dr. DCC -1Ö water pump got stuck as I was opening it up. The check valve parts fell out before I could take a picture. After a few tries the pump seems to pump very well with no backflow problem. However, I may run across another problem and that it is causing a vacuum and it will not spray. I took the housing that holds the water tank and the pump and connected it with a soft line between the two. The pump pumps very well but then it literally collapsed the soft line in between the clean water tank and the pump and then it would stop pumping water. This is happening when I put it all on the body of the machine. I bypass the solenoid. Thereís no problem with the solenoid that I can tell but itís does the same thing. The skinny tube thatís in the water tank that I believe is for air doesnít have enough volume for the air and I donít believe that what I did with the water pump somehow supercharged it so Iím trying to find out if there is supposed to be some air intake on these machines. Just like your drains in your house have the vent going up through the roof do these machines require air coming into the line somehow or am I missing something

Old 01-17-24, 11:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,945 Upvotes on 1,746 Posts
Not sure we will be able to answer such a specific question, the manufacturer or one of their reps would be the best ones to ask.

So you might visit their web site. https://www.rugdoctor.com/products/parts/

My dad worked for them years ago, so I do know that all the hose they used was a very tough fiberglass reinforced braided poly hose... i can't see it ever collapsing, and if it does it should probably be replaced. See page 4 at the link above.

Old 01-19-24, 02:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Never used a Rug Doctor, saw too many carpets ruined by one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: