Laminate floor help

Old 04-03-16, 09:11 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laminate floor help

So I'm almost done working on my new laminate floor. I had to pour some self leveling compound in certain areas prior to the installation . One area I laid the floor on existing tile and used slc to slope down to a slightly lower area. I realize now I should have spent more time and research on this step because now there are spots where the floor flexes a little and you can feel that it's not solid underneath. My question is what to do now. I can still reach underneath to the worst areas if I have to, I can lift up the floor and get it from the edge. What would be the best solution to get rid of these spots ?

Old 04-04-16, 02:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I am sure the instructions said to make sure your subflooring was flat, not necessarily level, but flat. That aberration in the floor will cause the laminate to become disengaged and you will always have problems. The best thing to do is to cut the laminate where it ends at the tile, leaving about 3/4" along that edge, then install a transition piece between the lower and upper levels of laminate. That way both sections are laying flat.

Old 04-04-16, 05:42 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah that's what I should have done to begin with. It's a little late for that now I would have to take the floor up and chip out all the self leveling compound . Just wondering if there were any solutions for the mess I already created for myself

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: