Vinyl sheet flooring seam question

Old 05-18-17, 09:15 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vinyl sheet flooring seam question

Here goes, I am installing some sheet vinyl flooring in my kitchen. The vinyl I selected isnt wide enough and I am trying to piece 2 sections together. I stacked the sheets and made the cut on a "joint" area (the vinyl is tiled) but I apparently cant xut a straight line to save my life even with a straight edge. So I got my seam adhesive and tape and got it all together, however, I ended up with a couple spots where you can see the plywood. I am wondering how to hide that so I dont always see that seam. I dont have photos available but the gap is very minimal and the flooring us white. Suggestions on hiding is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-17, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I'd say that since you've already put sealer on it, you can't paint the wood under the joint most likely? Other than shaving some slivers off of a scrap piece and gluing them in the space, your only option might be a caulk that's close in color. Or maybe a rug?

Don't feel too bad about the cut. If it slips even a tiny bit while cutting, there will be problems.

Old 05-18-17, 10:50 PM
J
I can caulk it im just looking for several suggestions before i give it a go.

Old 05-19-17, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Yep, and I meant to suggest waiting for more replies later tomorrow.

Old 06-01-17, 08:04 PM
J
Well that didn't work. After a week of messing with this I need some help. The floor is fine, except for the gap where the cut isn't right. If I put Silicone into the crack, I'm finding a few things are happening, either the silicone will not dry (its tacky to the touch) or where it did dry, I can touch it and it disintegrates into pieces. Any idea on what I could to to fix this issue? I just ripped all of the silicone out and put another bead of it down the length of the crack. If it dries I might try some clear silicone next but I don't want to see a ridge from what I just put down. This really sucks. The floor isn't coming up but having that slit there looks tacky. Thoughts???