Laminate around door

Old 06-17-17, 09:45 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Laminate around door

I'm installing laminate down a hall where I have a door opening but nothing installed. I ordered a door and frame and have to wait weeks for delivery. So my question is shoukd I attempt to install the flooring and finish the project minus the space for the door or leave it alone? Door is in mid hall on a side. If it were at the end of hall we wouldn't have this problem.

Old 06-17-17, 01:45 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
When the door arrives, cut the needed amount off the bottom of the frame to fit over the laminate but not resting directly on it. Give it a 16th of an inch to allow movement. Put shims down when installing and remove. Will look more finished and be easier to install the floor without the door and frame in place.

Old 06-19-17, 09:31 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 3 Posts
The old laminate comes out into the hall. It wasn't installed correctly. How much of that should I cut out to make the ball laminate fit properly? Half way into the rough frame? And in the hall, coming from another room, i have a 1 inch width piece that goes the length of the hall. That piece will end up at the door area so then the width will be longer. Do i install that small piece or can i do the other planks to complete the hall and glue those short pieces in at the end?

It's impossible to upload a photo on my phone.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: