Hardwood flooring of different brand - tongue/groove fitting problematic?

Old 07-04-17, 02:02 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hardwood flooring of different brand - tongue/groove fitting problematic?

I hv Trillum brand hardwood flooring from 2007 -- 2 3/4"x 3/4". My extended deck room requires 360sqft, I was about 60sqft short. Same brand match is too pricey as it was no longer in production.Since it is a room that I will use 3 months in a yr, can I possible use ANY clearance or cheaper option of hardwood flooring with 3/4" height for fitting. ..... Or make it work as border around the backend of the room?
Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 07-04-17, 04:05 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Save the extra for potential repairs needed in the future to you main floor. Buy a similar flooring to your current and up fit your new room. Buy extra so your have it down the road if needed.

Old 07-04-17, 11:44 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not a good suggestion:(

As I lived very far north parallel 66, remote fly-in only zone, I had to incur high freight cost to bring the heavy hardwood floors in, through barges. This area is Not like Supplier is by the neighborhood. Just to give you an idea: One piece 4'x8' X1/2" plywood after factor in freight cost is C$100 !
thus thinking of use up the 300 sq ft at hand, not thinking of any future needs as storage cost is too high!
Freight cost is about $0.80 per pound plus requires additional cost for equipment / Labour to move from supplier to truck and dock.
Trillium wood is one of the best hence, no intention to just hang on as future "potential repair" as it is hard to predict future anyway right? Or, may sold my home?

Old 07-05-17, 12:15 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Well, do what you feel right then, Fact is that you don't have enough to finish you job. Trying to match a discontinued brand is not advised. Factor you higher shipping costs as a simple way of life for this property and do what you can. My recommendation as to how to make it work will remain unchanged.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: