Termite treatment tenting "residual deaths"?

Old 03-08-16, 07:03 AM
M
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Termite treatment tenting "residual deaths"?

I have a property with active termite infestation. It is unoccupied, under rehab. Some of the ceiling and wall sheetrock is down.

The tenting was done with Vikane gas. After the tenting they cleared the property for occupation and their meter showed no Vikane gas inside.

Naturally, I saw a bunch of kills inside the house right after I re-entered. Dead lizards, ants, roaches, even a frog. I did a very thorough job of sweeping and cleaning everywhere. I wanted to make sure no more termite dust will appear on the floor where they used to.

Now 3 weeks after the tenting, I am seeing new kills.

Yesterday, a dead lizard in the middle of the garage floor. I must have removed about a dozen dead lizards SINCE the tent came down, weeks after.

There is no one occupying the property.

There is no pet catching and killing lizards.

There has been no insecticide used.

There is no residual of Vikane gas.

I called the pest control company and asked, if some bugs were killed by Vikane exposure, hidden in wall cavities, could a lizard die from eating those bugs? They said no. They said they have not heard of anyone experiencing what I saw...they said to keep monitoring.

I can't think of a logical explanation to this.

I have been to this house on the last two weekends doing stuff, I am still alive obviously.

Old 03-09-16, 04:53 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
Is it possible that an exterior insecticide application (neighboring property?) killed them and they died inside?

Otherwise, I’m at a loss. My fumigation experience in the past was with commodity fumigation with a different material; never did structures.

Old 03-09-16, 06:02 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
It is possible you are just seeing the natural death of insects that entered the home after it was treated. I have no treatments at my home but 8-10 months of the year there are always dead bugs showing up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: