Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

Heat pump with aux heater and a backup boiler for radiant baseboard heat

Old 12-15-16, 05:53 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Our house has a lennox heat pump with elect aux backup/air conditioner and an oil radiant baseboard heat. Right now I have 2 thermostats and I manually turn on the radiant heat around 25 degrees and turn off the heat pump. I bought a Honeywell VisionPro 8000 with wifi with the intention of having the thermostat automatically switch between the two. I have the heat pump hooked up and the outside temperature sensor. I would like to ad the oil furnace to the thermostat but I am not sure how since its a separate unit. It seems like I should hook it up on the U1 terminal as a Stage 2 heat but I am not certain. If its stage 2 does that mean the electric auxiliary heat from the heat pump will kick on first and then the boiler. I would like to have the boiler go on at 25 degrees and then the electric as a last resort.

Old 12-16-16, 10:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 34 Posts
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/th...ring-help.html

Connecting the wiring may not be the issue. It is the available options when you go to configure the stat. Take a look at this post, and that was with the top end Prestige IAQ...

Old 12-18-16, 05:30 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think you are correct. Is it something impossible to do or do I need to get a control board or another Thermostat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: