Nest Wiring problem with Goodman Heat pump AVPTC, need help

Old 06-11-17, 02:11 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nest Wiring problem with Goodman Heat pump AVPTC, need help

Hello I am new to the forum, so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.
I have recently changed my central air all electrical (heat pump) system to a 3 ton Goodman system Air Handler and compressor.
Air handler AVPTC37D14 and Compressor DSZC160361. This is a two stage heat and cool system with emergency and aux heat.
I own a Nest second generation from my previous system, the installer was not familiar with Nest, and connected the cables in a "classic" way, which makes Nest not recognizing this system as a single fuel system. (all electrical). Doesn't even allow me to choose single fuel, Takes me to another screen only if I choose Dual Fuel for Pro settings.
After long chatting with Nest and investigating online, I found several things that I wanted to share to see if there is an expert here that can advice me a different wiring. The tech's at Nest want me to call a Nest Pro person, which I contracted and interesting enough they do not know what to do???
Here is my current wiring: system works but engage aux heat at level 1 heating, which will make the system costly in the winter.
Y1
Y2
G
O
W1
W2
C
Rh

The heat Pump recommendation from Nest Pro booklet for 2 stage heat pump with aux heat and emergency heat is:
Y1
Y2
G
O
W2
C
Rh

In this wiring Nest recognize the system as a single fuel, however the Goodman when in heat pump heating doesn't heat, the Air handler suppose to give a P1 Code, instead the fan is working and the air handler is giving a ON code which means the system is waiting for input.

Any recommendations or ideas ??? I can send pics if this will help to solve the problem thanks.

Thanks
Ed

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-17, 07:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Nest recognize the system as a single fuel
I would expect something like 2 stage heat pump with Aux heat.
I would go back into configuration mode to see if this can be corrected.