Help with shower temperature adjustment

Old 02-06-16, 11:26 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with shower temperature adjustment

So I've read through a couple different shower temp threads and I've removed the handle and nut that it sits on from my shower (it's a Delta - not sure what model.) It currently doesn't get any hotter than lukewarm, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to adjust the temperature. I can't pull it out and none of the components seem to budge. Here's a picture -

The top bar is the one that turns the water on (turns counter clockwise) and I cannot get the plastic stop and the separate lower bar to move. Any ideas?

Old 02-06-16, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just did the same thing in my shower 11 year old Delta. Couldn't figure out how I had to do this so on a whim I called Delta's help line that I found on their web site. The person I talked to was very good, explained the entire process and sent me some new spacers to replace when I took the handle off. Send them that picture and they'll know what model faucet you have and explain how to take it apart and raise your water temp. They also have a chat line you can use.

Old 02-06-16, 01:55 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Sure looks like a Delta universal rough in unit. Remove the trim plate. Then the chrome cylinder surrounding the valve just slides off (rubber washer provides friction to keep it in place). Then get a look at the valve body itself. I think it might be a 13 or 14 series cartridge. I use mostly 17 series. But there should be an adjustment that I think will be more apparent when you break it down more. The inner cap with the hexagon cuts for attachment of a wrench is how you get the cartridge out for replacement. So don't turn that unless the house water supply is cut off. Search for Delta series 13, 14, or 17 and see if you can find one that matches.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: