Mold resistant paint for bathroom

Old 04-11-16, 11:53 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mold resistant paint for bathroom

Hello there! I'm doing a lot of work at my son's new appartment. The previous tenants obviously didn't set a high value on hygiene. In the bathroom, right above the shower cubicle were some mould formations beginning to spread. You can wipe it off the wall with some water and a sponge, but since the bathroom is poorly vented I would like to prevent new mould formation. Has anyone made any experiences with mould resistant paint?

Old 04-11-16, 12:13 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
First, if this is an apartment owned by someone else and your son is a tenant, this should be a discussion with the landlord.

Ok, let's assume you painting is ok - here in the states I would recommend Zinsser's Perma White paint as the best kitchen and bath/mold and mildew resistant paint. After that, a quality kitchen and bath enamel from a paint store, not a paint department in a bigger store. Sorry, not sure how well that's going to translate to what you have available in the UK.

Old 04-11-16, 02:21 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Without the proper venting the mold will just come back.

Old 04-11-16, 02:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
While I agree about the need for venting, a good bath paint [has extra mildewcide] will slow down it's return.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: