Replacing shower hardware

Old 04-28-16, 10:22 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacing shower hardware

I have a bulk, contractor grade, fiberglass tun/shower installed (no idea the brand) and would like to replace the handle and faucet (it is single handle unit).
Two questions…
1st - What information do I need in order to make sure any replacement hardware is going to be compatible?
2nd - Is there any [realistic*] way to go from a single handle to either a 2 or 3 handle? (*planning on a full remodel to a tiled, walk-in style in the next year or two, so want to keep work/cost to a minimum)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-16, 06:27 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 689 Votes on 636 Posts
You will need to find the manufacturer to get a replacement escutcheon and handle that fits. There are generic handles that you could try but I've not been happy with how they hold up after a few months use.

If you are remodeling and opening up the wall then you have the option of switching to a 2 or 3 handle faucet. But, since it requires replacing the faucet body it's not a viable option until you open the walls.

Old 04-29-16, 08:47 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks… what I was afraid of. Having issues with the current hardware and need to replace it. Trying to get by w/o opening the wall until I remodel the whole room and rip out the entire unit.

Appreciate it.