No cold water in my shower..How to fix???

Old 05-16-16, 02:36 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No cold water in my shower..How to fix???

In my upstairs and downstairs showers there seems to be no cold water, just warm to hot. I have a Delta one handle lever that goes from C/off (on right) to Hot (on left). When you turn the level from the off to on position it is already luke warm and then gets hot. There is no cold water flowing. What could be the issue here? Is it a simple fix that I can do myself or something I need to hire a plumber for? I am attaching a pic of the shower handle below:

Old 05-16-16, 04:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
If you are experiencing this in two bathrooms, I doubt it would be the valves. Do you have cold water in your sinks in the bathrooms? Has there been any maintenance on either of these valves recently? Has the water been turned off for any reason?

Old 05-16-16, 04:31 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cold water is present in both bathroom faucets. No recent maintenance in the valves either. The master bath works fine. It is just the downstairs and the upstairs hallway bathroom. Could it be sort of issue with the spool being stuck cartridge?

Old 05-16-16, 06:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
It could be, although having two separate units malfunction at the same time would be odd. Of course being the same age, they could show signs of wear if they are used equally. I would try changing a cartridge of one to see if it helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: