Shower head adapter?

Old 05-18-16, 07:25 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shower head adapter?

I wasn't sure where to post this, basically I'm looking to connect my garden hose to my shower head so I can get warm/hot water outside for patio/deck/patio furniture cleaning.

Is there something like this out there or maybe a set of adapters that you have to use together to get it to work?

Thanks

Old 05-18-16, 07:38 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I was hired once to install a hot water line & a second hose bib along side the current cold water pipe, for the same reason. The home owner wanted warm water, for vegetables. Would you consider that?

Old 05-18-16, 08:01 AM
A
The house I'm in right now I'm just renting so unable to do things like that I'm afraid.

Old 05-18-16, 08:02 AM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
There are two common types of shower "arms", one with a ball end that connects to a "socket" on the shower head to allow it to swivel and the other is a pipe thread that connects to the shower head. Assuming you have the latter (threaded style) you would remove the shower head and attach a garden hose adapter such as this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66264[/ATTACH]
(Image courtesy of kimballmidwest.com)

The internal thread of the brass adapter is 1/2 inch pipe thread, the same as the shower arm. Use some Teflon tape to prevent leaks. If you wanted to easily change back and forth between the hose and the shower you could cobble up a quick-connect system using garden hose quick connects.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66265[/ATTACH]
(Image courtesy of pressurewashersdirect.com)

Attached Images   
Old 05-18-16, 08:20 AM
A
Great, thank you very much. One of the things I am looking forward to moving into my new house next month is that I'll own it and can do things such as this to it. Which means I'll be on these forums even more.

Thanks again, it's very much so appreciated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: