What do I use to spread the shower water?

Old 05-26-16, 12:27 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What do I use to spread the shower water?

So this morning, I was in the shower. Before I was even able to soap up, the shower started giving me virutally no water. It basically started squirting in random directions.

Now, I know from past experiences, that this is usually caused by some thin, metal disc getting slightly dislodged. It's a brown disc inside the shower faucet, and it has about twenty holes around the edges that funnel the water into a shower stream. Without it, the faucet just sends one giant cylinder of water.

If I unscrew the faucet, and re-plant this little disc, I can usually get the shower to function properly again.

However, this time, I dropped the disc. It fell into the drain and I can't get it back.

What is this little disc called? I need to buy another one so I can have showers again, and I need to know what key word to enter.

Old 05-26-16, 01:29 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Likely a flow restrictor, good luck finding one.
I'd just replace the whole shower head.

Old 05-26-16, 01:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Have tried putting the shower head back together without it?

Old 05-27-16, 01:15 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'd just replace the whole shower head.
Where, online, can I find a decently-priced one? I'm on a tight budget here.

For the record, my old shower head was 7/8" wide, and it was screwed into the pipe.

EDIT: I took a penny, nickel, and dime, and I noticed that the inside of the "screw-on" section of the old shower head is almost exactly the diameter of a penny, if that helps.

Old 05-27-16, 01:31 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
The power company is giving away shower heads around here, might be worth checking in your area as well.

Old 05-27-16, 02:27 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
For the record, my old shower head was 7/8" wide, and it was screwed into the pipe.
That is about the OD of half inch pipe. If your shower arm isn't half inch replace it. The elbow in the wall will be ½".

Use the limiters such as Buy It now, Maximum Price, and Free Shipping on Ebay to find a cheap on line one. Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVERFLOW-IND...kAAOSwa81XSHb1

Old 05-27-16, 03:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Most any place has shower heads. Just did a quick search of Lowes and they have them from 3.00 to 600$
Shop Showerheads at Lowes.com!
Check walmart

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: