Water hammer from toilet..

Old 06-24-16, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water hammer from toilet..

I don't know why I didn't ask this before ... probably because I don't use this specific toilet that often ... but a while back, the toilet was clogged with toilet paper ... 4yo used a ton of paper. At that time, snaking it didn't work and I had no idea what the clog was from. Before I was going to remove the toilet, I decided to try a shop vac and it worked... It pulled a wad of toilet paper out and the toilet started working again.

About a week afterwards, I noticed a leak from the tank... I replaced the bolts and that fixed it... Then a week later is when I noticed the water hammer when the bowl got done filling.

What could cause such? I don't thing see how a drain might cause it and I don't see how nee bolts for to mount the tank to the bowl would cause this...

Anyone got any idea on where I should look? Is there a water hammer arrestor I might be able to install that won't stick out like a sore thumb?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-16, 07:35 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You might try closing the stop valve partially. It will slow down the fill rate and that might be enough to eliminate the problem. It may have been partially closed before you closed it to fix the bolts.....

They make arrestors that mount on the toilet stop valve, but I wouldn't call them inconspicuous.

Old 06-24-16, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the tip Paul.. I'll give it a try.

Old 06-25-16, 09:31 AM
Paul,

That seems to have worked. Thanks!!

Old 06-25-16, 11:38 AM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Good news, thanks for the update