Replaced tap seat due to leaky shower and now have water pressure sound.

Old 07-06-16, 12:19 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replaced tap seat due to leaky shower and now have water pressure sound.

Hi there,

I had a leaky hot water tap and replaced the tap seat and this solved the issue straight away but have since been hearing a water pressure sound behind the shower wall (below the tap level). It didn't happen straight away and the water meter is moving slowly so there is a leak. When I turn the mains off it stops. I have a instant hot water system that doesn't seem to be affected by the pressure (isn't constantly on). I have since replaced the entire hot water tap mechanism and the sound remains.

Do you think I would need to replace both tap mechanisms or does it sound like a leak has started behind the shower wall? The sound only began when I changed the tap seat and it was a week or 2 before it began.

Appreciate your help.

Leigh

Old 07-06-16, 03:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It may or may not have anything to do with replacing the seat, since there was a time lag. Obviously you need to access the valve. The best way to do that is accurately measure it's location on the wall and open an inspection hole on the opposite wall. That way you can see what is happening and effect repairs. The wall can be repaired and painted. Far better than trying to repair it from the tub/shower side.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: