Glass shower door leaking

Old 09-10-16, 08:42 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Glass shower door leaking

Every time I shower waters leaks from my shower onto my bathroom floor. It is very easy to see that the water is coming from just below my swinging glass door (the gap between the door and the tile step). I have tried the plastic door sweep (see picture - I just removed it) but that still doesn't completely stop the leak. I have put a few of these on my door over the years and at the beginning they work ok..but as time goes on they wear out and the leak gets worse and worse. Even when the sweeps are new, water still gets through beneath this sweep at the grout areas as they are not completely level.

Is there anything else I can do so I can completely stop this leaking? At this point I am open to anything, including adding something permanent on tile right below the shower door to stop this.

Please help.

Attached Images      
Old 09-10-16, 04:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It probably isn't the sweep's fault, but the attitude of the tiles across the berm. Can you lay a short level across them to determine if they are pitched back into the shower or not?

Old 09-10-16, 05:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Yeah, the tile ought to be pitched at least 1/4". Water won't run uphill.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: