Will this shower meet code in Colorado?

Old 10-21-16, 01:43 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Will this shower meet code in Colorado?

I just had my plumbing inspector here (I moved shower and toilet drains in concrete floor - I have the OK to put concrete back).

I ordered this shower which connects with hoses so it can be slid away from the wall in case it needs servicing.

Ariel Platinum DZ961F8W White Left Steam Shower - Ariel Bath

The inspector said the drain has to be tight fitting especially since this shower is the lowest point in my house. He would not let me get away with setting a hose in a drain. Inspector said the shower kit had to be IPC compliant. Tech support said the shower I ordered is ETL compliant and comes with a 3 foot flex hose and that I can buy tight fitting compression adapters.

Does anyone know if I can make this shower drain pass inspection? The plumbing inspector is too busy to talk to me anymore about it.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-16, 06:17 PM
I'm familiar with most adapters for drains and water supplies. I have no idea what adapter would be used in a case like this. That makes me believe it wouldn't pass inspection.

This unit appears to be foreign designed, the electric is straight 240V and the plumbing is not standard.

Maybe a local hot tub company or other professional could look at your situation and give a definite answer.

Old 10-21-16, 07:32 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Be sure if you get it you get the AC240V/60HZ not the 220-240V/50Hz.

Old 10-22-16, 09:57 AM
J
Thank you for the replies!

It sounded like he said if I had a proper sloped floor drain underneath this shower, I could leave the drain on the shower open so the water falls through into the floor drain that would be OK.

Does that sound right?

I may need to go to his office and talk to him again.

Old 10-22-16, 10:50 AM
I'm not familiar with floor drains, to me it's more commercial. The floor drain was my first thought, but the inspector said the drain must be sealed.
If the inspector says the shower can simply "drip" down into the floor drain, I would take them up on that.