Connecting a Portable Washer To A Female Aerator Sink

Old 10-24-16, 06:18 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Connecting a Portable Washer To A Female Aerator Sink

We live in an apartment building, and have had a portable washer for a while now, that's worked fine hooked up to the sink.

My wife made the mistake of complaining to our landlord about our dripping sink, who then added a female aerator to our sink that fixed the problem, however our washing machine doesn't hook up to it any more. The aerator is on TIGHT. It can't simply be unscrewed easily.

Is there any way to connect our washing machine to this female aerator? I went to Lowes but they were no help to me. I'm pretty terrible at these kinds of things, so any help would be appreciated!!

Attached Images    
Old 10-25-16, 03:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

How did the hose hook up before the aerator was installed? Just installing an aerator shouldn't stop a faucet from dripping, he must of done something else also.

Old 10-25-16, 04:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Good Morning lol

You need to get the aerator off and replace it. The new aerator needs "garden hose threads".

Name:  hoseaerator.JPG
Views: 554
Size:  17.1 KB

Link to HD: NEOPERL Solid-Brass Dual-Thread for 3/4 in. Hose or Male 55/64 in. Adapter-37.0109.98 - The Home Depot

If the spout threads on the adapter are wrong for your faucet, there are separate adapters for that. Bring your existing aerator to the store to match up the threads required for your faucet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: