How to install the Moen drain assembly?

Old 02-28-17, 11:13 AM
C
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
How to install the Moen drain assembly?

How do I install the drain assembly when the drain seat has no threads? I found this video that shows how to install it but the drain seat has threads and mine just drain seat just plugs in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77767[/ATTACH]

If I tighten the nut underneath the sink, would that cause the metal thing to come up higher through the hole in the sink?

Attached Images  
Old 02-28-17, 02:00 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can you post a model number. I've never seen a pop up flange without internal threads.

Old 02-28-17, 03:23 PM
C
I bought the Moen T4570P faucet. Here's what I found regarding the manual. If you could give me a Moen part number that has an internal thread, perhaps I can order that one.

Thank you.

Old 02-28-17, 04:14 PM
C
It looks like this is the one that came with the package of Moen T4570P. There is no thread so I wonder how to install this to with the waste assembly.

Old 02-28-17, 06:49 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Charlie,
Please try to keep your posts regarding the 4570 under one thread.

The flange you have is only a cover for an existing flange, it pushes in and hides/recolors flange #11984, which is chrome only but I could be wrong on that.

You are installing a professional faucet, which I personally would not recommend for a homeowner. The faucet you purchased is designed to use all existing parts under the sink (a separate rough in kit).

There are nice faucets that are much easier to install and less expensive.

Old 02-28-17, 07:06 PM
C
Thank you, Handyone. I'll do that next time. I've been on several forums that some like to keep each specific issues on a separate thread while others like to keep everything related to main product on one thread.

I see, so that means I can still use my existing drain seat then. The drain seat still works except the brass color just worn out.

Again, thank you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: