Sink question

Old 03-13-17, 11:37 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sink question

okay. In advance I might not know what I am talking about, but looking for advice and seems like no one in my town can help.

Question one. Is there something out there like this that has a tip that a portable dishwasher can connect to?

https://www.amazon.com/Miles-Kimball..._cd_al_qh_dp_i

Question 2: Where the sprayer in the sink is attached too. If you no longer use it or need it can you turn it into a water source? Like a faucet for drinking water?

Old 03-13-17, 11:54 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
1. There are faucet adapters for portable dishwashers. Usually they screw onto the end of the spout in place of the aerator. If you have a flexible attachment with those threads on the end then a portable dishwasher attachment should work.

2. Yes and no. If your faucet has a pull out sprayer there is a valve in the faucet body that senses when the sprayer lever is depressed and shuts off the water to the spout and sends it down the sprayer's hose. A RO type drinking water system may not work if tied into the sprayer port because it can use water for long periods which could cause the main spout to not get water.

Old 03-13-17, 03:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Here's an adapter at HD:
NEOPERL Solid-Brass Dual-Thread for 3/4 in. Hose or Male 55/64 in. Adapter-37.0109.98 - The Home Depot

I don't know of any adapter that will convert the spray hose to garden hose threads, or any other type of threads.

Old 03-13-17, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
As to question 2...

There are tee adapters that can be placed between the valve and the faucet hose, under the sink that will give you a line for drinking or instant hot water hook-up.

You may be able to remove and cap the line to the sprayer and use the hole for one of the above. Or just put a plug in the hole.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: