bath vanity - attaching the top

Old 06-14-17, 02:06 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bath vanity - attaching the top

Hi all! I purchased a new bath vanity and bought a separate sink top - it was the recommended dimensions for the vanity base. But when placing it on, when it's centered it seems like a bit of a strange fit. The sink has an indented area in the middle of each side and the front and when it is centered, only those indented areas and the corners are actually resting on the cabinet. The rest of it has a small gap between the top and the vanity. First picture shows the bottom of the sink (it's not centered) Second picture shows the gap that occurs when it's centered. Is this expected? Do I just put a whole lot of the adhesive caulk on to fill that gap? Or only put adhesive on the indented area where it's touching? Or is this not a good fit and I need to look for a different sink?

Name:  20170614_112628.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  12.4 KB

Attached Images  
Old 06-14-17, 03:29 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Your lucky that your vanity has the pad in the center. Many only support at the front corners. When installing I apply adhesive only in the pad areas.

Old 06-14-17, 03:48 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I'm inclined to shim the vanity off the wall slightly so you can get contiguous contact along the front edge of the top to glue down. Once you attach and hook up the plumbing to top is not going to move anywhere.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: