Only Hot or Cold Water from Shower and Bathroom Sink

Old 08-21-17, 06:39 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Only Hot or Cold Water from Shower and Bathroom Sink

A few months back I noticed that the sink faucet in my main bathroom was scalding hot instantly and would not get colder for at least a minute. I could not figure out why scalding hot water would be coming out the minute I turn on the faucet even if I had the lever on cold. Usually it takes faucets awhile to pull in the hot water so I found that odd. I tried closing up the hot water valve under the sink a bit to reduce the amount of hot water coming in, but that did not help. Then a few weeks back the shower in that same bathroom started doing something weird also. The water is either as hot as it can go or too cold there is no in between. I have to turn the lever to the hottest or coldest setting to switch the temperature. If I move it in between it stays at whatever temperature it was last on. I turned down the temperature on my water heater so we are at least not getting burned. What I do not get is nothing has changed and the other faucets in the house all work fine. Cold at first until the hot water gets through the pipes and then you adjust accordingly. I am starting here to see if this is something simple.

Thanks,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: