Sink offset from drain, options

Old 10-17-17, 12:48 PM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sink offset from drain, options

Hi, I installed a new vanity in my half bath downstairs and I need to compensate for the new sink drain being about 5 inches offset from the drain / p trap coming out of the wall. I have one idea, and wanted to check if it is the best option or if there was a better option before I did anything.

I was just going to cut the drain off a bit (red line) and do a 90 degree elbow, to a straight piece to a 45 degree elbow, to a straight piece to the p trap. The existing wall piping is 1 1/2 inch. Picture attached of the offset. I wasnt sure if this was the way to go or if I should go the opposite and try lining up the p trap onto the drain by changing the pipe coming from the wall.

Attached Images  
Old 10-17-17, 03:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
I am not the plumber but don't see anything wrong it.

Old 10-17-17, 04:01 PM
Here's a link to a slip tube elbow. I would cut off the trap wall arm about 2" from the wall and redirect the trap. It looks like you will also need a 1-1/2" extension. To install the extension, cut both the extension tube and the 1.25" tailpiece a little (at your line)

Everbilt 1-1/2 in. 45 Slip Joint Elbow-C9665 - The Home Depot

Old 10-17-17, 05:07 PM
G
OK so you are saying cutoff the piece coming out of the wall before the p trap, add the 45 degree elbow, then put a straight piece from that for a couple inches then hook the p trap to that straight piece and the other side of the p trap to the sink drain tube?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: