Poor performing Delta faucet

Old 12-12-17, 12:30 PM
X
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Poor performing Delta faucet

I have two Delta single handle lavatory faucets model 536TP-DST. I find the faucets to be very noisy. Also the transition from hot to cold is very abrupt and difficult to adjust, unlike many other single handle faucets which have a much more gradual change from hot to cold.

Does anyone know if there is a cartridge for this faucet which would offer better performance? Perhaps a non-OEM replacement part from another manufacturer?

Old 12-12-17, 01:32 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Product Documentation : Customer Support : Delta Faucet

Your faucet has an anti scald feature that can be turned off. There is a switch under the handle that can switch it to full motion function. If the above link page 7 does not work, google your model number and look at the document downloads for your faucet.

Old 12-13-17, 10:41 AM
X
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
So I turned on that anti-scald feature which was turned off. All it does is restrict the handle movement from full cold to center position. The mixing still takes place over a narrow range of movement near center rather than starting to mix very soon after moving away from full cold or full hot. Which is why it is difficult to set a desired temperature.

It also doesn't do anything to reduce the noise of the faucet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: