Frameless shower door won't close

Old 12-29-17, 08:59 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frameless shower door won't close

I have a hinged, frameless shower door that is not closing properly. I believe there could be a few causes for this. I am not sure if I am capable of solving this myself or if I'll need to bring someone in to help. Any advice you have on the items listed below would be great.

These are the possible issues I see:
1. Rubber cylinders have failed and need to be replaced. I found this video here that illustrates this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZR_du7M8a4 I have two rubber cylinders. One at the top of the door and one at the bottom. Pictures 1 and 2.

2. Rubber strip running over the hinge needs to be removed and replaced. I don't know how to remove the door without removing parts of the frame that are caulked to the wall. Is this door removable without removing parts that are affixed to other surfaces? Picture 3 and 4

3. The door needs to be removed and debris needs to be cleaned out. As I took the screws out of the rubber cylinders, a lot of dusty matter fell out.

Are there other problems that might exist? Does the door need to be replaced?

Thanks for your help and happy new year!

Pictures 5, 6, 7 orientation of the door and the shower.

Attached Images        

Last edited by emg404; 12-29-17 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Add images
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-17, 09:06 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 625 Votes on 578 Posts
You didn't include any pictures of your door so we can't see what the problem is. Examine your door for the things you mentioned. Doors are quite simple so there are only so many things that can be wrong.

Old 12-29-17, 09:11 AM
E
Sorry, images now attached. If it happens to be issue #1, do you know what those rubber or metal parts are called?

Old 12-30-17, 06:47 AM
E
It looks like the parts I'll need a two hinge pins and maybe a hinge sleeve. From the video I found the hinge pins can be replaced without taking the door off. To replace the hinge sleeve I assume I have to take it off. How do you remove a shower door like the one I have?

Thanks!