Please help identify single handle tub faucet

Old 01-08-18, 11:28 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Please help identify single handle tub faucet

Hello everyone. My tub valve has been dripping for awhile and it's starting to become more than a drip.
I'd like to try to repair it myself but can't figure the manufacture. Can anyone help? There are no manufacturer's markings anywhere.
Thanks!

Name:  faucet.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  29.2 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 01-09-18 at 11:27 PM. Reason: enlarged pic
Old 01-09-18, 01:57 AM
That looks nearly identical to mine, except mine has a chrome handle. Or it HAD a chrome handle, and now I'm stuck because I'm finding it impossible to get a new one.

Anyway, if yours is the one I think it is, it's an inexpensive valve that was sold under a ton of different brand names. Tuscany, Hampton, Glacier Bay, etc.

In my non-pro opinion it would be easiest to pull the cartridge out and identify it and go from there. I replaced my cartridge with a Gerber 95-154 and it's worked perfectly for a couple years now. Maybe google that part number and compare the pictures of the cartridge to yours. Menard's "931 T350" is supposedly compatible as well.

I would sure like to know where in the heck to get a new handle. The cartridge stem is too short for the Danco universal handle I got. I fear the SafeTemp ones will have the same problem. Mine broke right where the top of the white part is in your photo.

P.S. When you take it apart, could you let me know if there appears to be an extension-type thing screwed into the middle of your handle where the stem goes into?

Old 01-09-18, 09:14 PM
K
I will take some pictures this weekend.

I think my tub faucet may be American Standard:

https://www.americanstandard-us.com/...t-handle-15985

Old 01-11-18, 09:15 AM
K
I contacted American Standard and based on my picture they think it is:

https://www.americanstandard-us.com/...ubshower-27367

Old 01-12-18, 01:15 AM
Nice folks over there to help you identify it. That's definitely not the one I have, then. Did they happen to give you the part numbers for anything that you might need after you have it open? Surely they wouldn't have passed up on an opportunity to sell you some stuff. On the other hand, I see some of these parts aren't exactly available anymore...

Old 01-12-18, 09:15 AM
K
They were very helpful and quick to respond and did not try to sell me anything...I did it all through email and the service was great.

The cartridge number is A954440-0070A and pbu M952100-0070

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: